Sunday 19 February 2017

Why Divorce Is Not Acceptable!

Image result for Reasons for divorce in the BibleI have heard many reasons about people seeking and getting divorces – even among Christians.  The reasons are many but none of these are acceptable to God:
“I fell out of love with my wife/husband.”
“I just don’t have anything in common with her/him anymore”
“My husband/wife just doesn’t love me anymore.”
“This just can’t be God’s will for my life anymore.”
“We are incompatible.”
“He/she lied to me before we got married.”
“It wasn’t really genuine in ‘God’s eyes’”.
“They would be happier without me.”
“I would be happier without him/her.”
There are dozens more that are not listed here but none of these that are mentioned are acceptable and only those mentioned in the Bible are acceptable reasons for divorce. This does not counting abuse or unrepentant, ongoing sexual immorality. The Bible says it is sin to divorce unless you have biblical grounds for it.



No comments: