Friday 28 April 2017

HOW CAN I GET TO HEAVEN?

Image result for How can I get to HeavenHow can you know God? Simple Jesus died as a sacrifice for our sins, so we can both be forgiven for and freed from our sins. Jesus promised to live within us, by his Spirit, that he would be our counsellor and guide, to lead us into all truth, to keep us in the truth. The bible is God's word; he will not tell you anything that is not in there. He wants a relationship with us. His love for you is great. In want to share a part of my salvation experience with you, to let you know what God thinks about us all. When I was first a Christian I was praying which I had never really done before I was a Christian, and I felt a feeling of love, only slightly, and a quiet voice that said "This is what I have always wanted". I thought to myself what a good person I am; I have always wanted a relationship with God. Then the voice replied "No I said that". God touched me with his love and told me he had always desired a relationship with me. He loved the fact he could now start that relationship. He wants to know you personally too. No matter how good you are no matter how bad you have become, he can change us all to be better individuals.
You might ask how do I become a Christian, or what is it I need to do. First note the following verse: Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. "Everything is permissible for me" —but not everything is beneficial. - 1Co 6:9-12
So if any of those things sounds like you, if you live one of those life styles you need to cease. Also note the final point of the verse "but not everything is beneficial" God knows what is best for us. Take drunkenness as an example, it causes a lot of problems for society, violence, and put lives at risk, one of my friends got drunk and was hit by a car, he lived but he could have been killed. Sexual immorality causes a lot of single mothers who are unloved and left with babies to look after, don't say it does not happen. I know many men who have sex with women get them pregnant then ditch them, or others who have sex then when the woman wants a committed relationship they basically tell them to f-off, a swear word. Homosexuality is not what God intends for us. Thefts, murder, greed, all of these things are wrong. God wants us to be blessed, he is a good God. You must repent. Turn around. And allow God to lead you into gentleness, kindness and love.
So what do you need to do to become a Christian, well, be sincere in you prayer, that is all God asks. Ask him to come into your life. Then just enjoy your life, there is no special task that he requires of you, only that you get to know him. The bible is where you find out about God, it is his final and complete revelation, Jesus said false prophets would arise and deceive many, but you be led by the truth. If you are a person of mission and purpose there are a lot of things you can accomplish with God as your guide. Don't think you have to live the ordinary life, when you can live the extraordinary. But we were all made for the ordinary as well, God made us to enjoy the simple things in life. Don't feel burdened that you may have a massive task ahead of you. God in my experience does not force you to do anything rather allows you to live at the point that you can cope with. So don't think you will need to give up all the good things in life and become a monk or a nun. God loves you, he wants you blessed. Let him bless you. You will find him, when you seek for him with your whole heart.


No comments: