Wednesday 19 October 2016

Nebuchadnezzar Recounts Dream: Daniel 4 v 4 - 7

Daniel 4:4 "I Nebuchadnezzar was at rest in mine house, and flourishing in my palace:"

This is going back to the beginning of the account of his dream and Daniel's interpretation of that dream. It is an understatement to say that his reign was flourishing.
He was the undisputed ruler of Babylon, and all of their captives. He was safe in his bed in his palace.

Daniel 4:5 "I saw a dream which made me afraid, and the thoughts upon my bed and the visions of my head troubled me."

These are speaking of the dream he had of the image that had the golden head. He not only was frightened by the dream, but forgot the details of the dream, as well.

Daniel 4:6 "Therefore made I a decree to bring in all the wise [men] of Babylon before me, that they might make known unto me the interpretation of the dream."

It was urgent for him to know the meaning of his dream, and he called all of those he knew that interpreted dreams to him. Surely one of them would be able to tell him of his dream.

Daniel 4:7 "Then came in the magicians, the astrologers, the Chaldeans, and the soothsayers: and I told the dream before them; but they did not make known unto me the interpretation thereof."

We discussed in a previous lesson that their power was from Satan, and was very limited. They were depending on flesh and Satan. Neither thing helped with the dream.
They were about to be killed, because they did not know the meaning of the dream.


No comments: